Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Next CD Project Is Now Underway!

Yes, my third CD is finally in the works.  You have some time to wait, however, as no recording has taken place yet, but soon...probably this weekend or the next the will Trapp track Recording Studio open back up for business.

This Cd will consist of a much more mature selection of music that brings together a wide variety of Acapella arrangements; ranging from good old barbershop, Jazz, Blues, to some up beat songs with a lot of snap to them.

Three of the songs on the album will feature some guest artists.  Clarissa and I will be swinging out to "Java Jive" that was made famous by the Manhattan Transfer.  The song I'll be tackling first in the recording studio will actually be with the exceptionally talented Wendy Jans on the song "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square."  And the third gust appearance song will be one of my own arrangements, "Tis Midnight and on Olives Brow," with Eric Dalbey (Lead of the 2006 International barbershop quartet champions) singing the top two parts.

Here's a sample list of some of the songs you'll hear on the album...

You Don't, You Won't
Moondance
Goodbye World Goodbye
Aquarius

Plus!  as a special treat, I will be including performance recordings from when both of the choruses I sing with competed on the international stage.

That's all.  It's still going to be a while but I did want to announce the news to all who are interested.  Let me know if you want a copy.

Oh, and I'm throwing away the "Jimmy Trapp Quartet" name and call my one man quartet something else.  I need help with a name though, got any ideas?

2 comments: