Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend With The In-Laws

Yes, after a long hiatus from not seeing my in-laws, they decided to make the 12 hour trek across the boring state of Nebraska to see what life is like in the foothills of Colorado.  And while we do live right next door to Estes Park, and only a hop, skip, and jump further away from the Rocky Mountain National Park, the trip into the mountains itself is no mere stroll in the park; you have to drive around numerous curvy roads that, if you don;t watch it, will burn up your brakes, as well as take time to make lots of stops to observe the gorgeous views that the mountains provides for you.

I had to work on the first two days they were here, which meant I missed out on some fun outings in the beginning.  But we did end up going to a town festival of sorts that resembled the Des Moines Arts Festival; the street was packed with stands where people were selling art, foods, and showing off their musical talent.  I discovered a local art agency that goes out and searches for local artists to display their works for all to see.  It might be something I'll look into next year.

I have to admit, having Isaac around is a blast; he is so overly opinionated that it's funny!  He becomes so argumentative that sometimes it seems he's just establishing his ground for the mere sake of doing so.  We got into a very lengthy debate about what makes a film a "guy" movie verses a "girl" movie.  There was never any clear definition on his part of what defines the girl and guy films, but Clarissa and I both came to the conclusion that we will never actually know what type of movie he likes.

All in all, the weekend was fun.  How many people out there can say they REALLY enjoy having their in laws around?  I'd say not too many.  I feel very lucky to have a family I married into with whom I can laugh and have fun with.

And for your amusement, here's a few photos from our trip to the Rocky Mountains....

No comments:

Post a Comment