Monday, January 3, 2011

Ugh Life...Thank Goodness For My Wife

So here I sit, having recently come back from Christmas vacation and watching Toy Story 3, thanks to the Christmas money sent to me by granny.  You'd think I'd be rested and feeling all happy and stress free...but as it turns out, I've come home to a very stressful and irritating situation.

The first day back at work showed that all of the assurances given to me were never actually put into play.  No one was closing out tickets for my duplexer swapping partner, nor was ANY inventory taken care of.  In addition, the old duplexers that were suppose to be shipped out while I was gone were never transferred over to another truck and still sit on 10 different pallets in the warehouse.  I've submitted the form twice, why are they still here?  Now I'm having to waste time doing inventory that should have been taken care of during my two week absence and figure out why no one came to pick up the old duplexers.

My fish, Neil and Alan don't seem to be doing well either.  When they don't get their water changed out regularly, they get a little stressed out and don't eat.  I tried to get some salt for my tank but both Target and Wal-Mart were fresh out, and Petsmart wont have any until tomorrow.  So I'm having to wait til the morning to mix a new batch of water for my fish, which means a whole day of swimming around in poop infested waters.  I hope they'll be alright until Wednesday.  It's frustrating when you can't take care of your pets.

To top it all off, Clarissa is still in Iowa with her friends, which is fine, it just sucks not to have her around for four days.  I was hoping she would be back Wednesday evening, but she sent me a text saying she wouldn't be home til Thursday night.  Which means I wont see her until Friday since I have chorus rehearsal on Thursday.  It's completely fine that she's getting to see friends she hasn't seen in over a year, I just miss her is all and wish I could hold her all night long.  I love my wife so much and, as much as we like to bicker and poke fun at each other, she is the most loving person in my life.  She gives all of herself to me, even when she doesn't think she does.  Our relationship is very independent of each other; we do our laundry separately, we have our own separate possessions, we have our own weekly activities that are separate from one another, we even sometimes go as far as only making our own side of the bed.  But to be honest, I don't think I've ever felt so connected and emotionally invested in anyone in my life.  I love being with Clarissa - she's my best friend and my most supportive friend as well.  I'm the luckiest man on Earth and she's the reason for that.

Ok, enough mush and gush, time for more movie watching....

1 comment: